CAREER PROSPECTS IN BANKS
What is the job Profile of a Probationary Officer in a Bank:
A Bank Probationary Officer (PO) in the bank is the first level appointment for bank officers and the promotional prospects are quite good with the work as it defining the limit for the candidate's success(one can reach position as high as CMD of Bank, even lucky one can become Dy. GOVERNOR, RBI also).
Job profile of PO (Probationary Officer) is General Banking, administration work and any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time. He is a supervisor and has to check work carried out by clerks.
In Public Sector Banks, A Bank PO can be asked to do anything till the completion of its probation period. After the confirmation he/she can give tasks having routine work like posting, scrolling or advances or anything that is related to banking.
He/she generally assigned to various responsibilities, as directed by Branch Manager or his/her boss in administrative office . They are trained for accounting, marketing, finance, investment as well as billing.
The Bank PO also work on increasing other aspects of the bank's business such as the loan department, the the mortgage and finance divisions of the bank. Handling customer complaints and issues is also the responsibility of the Bank PO. Often this means dealing with complaints over issues such as charges, discrepancies in accounts, or even in complaints with service at the bank. Good communication skills and an ability to resolve conflicts calmly is essential for a Bank PO .
Bank PO joins the bank as Asst manager after the end of probation period . Initially he/she may be posted in a branch where he/she will handle daily customer transaction like passing a cheque, cash management, Draft issuance etc. After certain experience and depending upon skill/aptitude, the person would be given an opportunity to work in other areas like planning, marketing, budgeting, processing of loan , investment management etc.
What is the job Profile of a Clerk in a Bank:
- entry level official of bank, can rise upto highest position in Bank.Many examples of bank clerks becoming CMD of Banks.
- first level official of bank inter act with customers.
- has to handle all type of banking transactions such as cash receipt, cash payment, clearing of cheques, collection of taxes, issuance of drafts, pay orders, NEFT, RTGS, REMITTANCES,locker ,loans, foreign exchange, collection of bills, posting of vouchers in systems etc.
- has to contribute in business development of bank.
- eligible for promotion to next rank i.e . officer in 3 years in most banks. it can be 2 years in some cases when vacancies are more.
- highly rewarding career.
PERSONAL COACHING CLASSES FOR BANK INTERVIEW(THE FACILITY IS AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES LIVING ALL OVER INDIA):
Mr Anil Aggarwal (a banking expert and interview process expert) is conducting Personal coaching classes for bank interviews .The focus of his sessions are:
- What type of questions can be raised from you on the basis of your profile?
- How to attempt your answers during interview?
- What are the expectations of selection board?
- How you can present your skills in live interview situation?
- What to read, what not to read?
- How to prepare for interview?
- How to cover one's weaknesses?
- How to improve confidence level?
and so on........_
Mr ANIL AGGARWAL is able to bring about a lot of improvement in level of candidates through his motivational and informative talk. His motto is to achieve very high success rate for his candidates. you can read success stories of his candidates.
TO KNOW DETAILS OF PERSONAL COACHING CLASSES :
FOR DELHI / NCR CANDIDATES
- You may call at 09811340788 or 011-22242640 between 3 P.M. to 8 P.M..
FOR OUTSTATION CANDIDATES FROM ALL OVER INDIA :
- You may call at 09811340788 or 011-22242640 between 3 P.M. to 8 P.M..
- Candidates can avail facility of telephonic sessions.
PAST TRACK RECORD
81.8% enrolled candidates cleared their interviews with high scores and they are now working with various banks..
DELHI OFFICE ADDRESS:
ANIL AGGARWAL COACHING
NEAR MADHU VIHAR GURUDWARA,
I.P Extension , PATPARGANJ, DELHI, 110092
Career Prospects in Public sector Banks:
Public Sector Banks are growing extensively and are coming up with whopping recruitment project. Every year they may be hiring 40,000-50000 Officers and 60,000-70000 clerks.
PSBs is booming in the job market because of two specific reasons-
Expansion of business in the banking industry as they are opening up new branches across the country.
Banking employees will be retired in the upcoming 5-6 years.
In order to fill these gaps, it was figured that around 100,000 plus vacancies would be coming forth in the next year across the banking industry.
Reason behind opting for Public sector bank
Public sector bank is the right choice for the youngsters because of two reasons-
PSBs banks pays good remuneration as it ranges from Rs 3 to 4 lakh per annum.
Getting promotion in banks is very much feasible.
Skills required for becoming a banker.
One must possess good interpersonal skills in order to deal with the customers.
One must have an ardent urge to play the role of good team player.
one must be good listener.
one must be polite.
One must have the ability of fast learning in order to interpret the new banking products.
One must have the flexibility for relocation.,
Diligence & good judgment power are the main traits of a good banker.
Creativity, right decision-making skills, and thorough knowledge of different business are the main attributes of a Banker.
One must update oneself with the RBI’s latest rules & regulations along with various banking transactions, bank and the economy in general.
There are seven scales in officer cadre:
scale 1-officer/Asstt Manager.
scale 4- Chief Manager.
scale 5- Asst. General Manager.
scale 6- Deputy General Manager.
scale 7- General Manager.
These days it take 2-3 years to move from one scale to another , in other words one can reach scale seven in 13-15 years of service.
Next positions are CMD And ED, These are selected by govt of India from GENERAL MANAGERS OF ALL BANKS
Nationalised Bank-- Nationalization was a process whereby govt of india took over the private banks into public ownership by an Act or ordinance . This strategy has been frequently adopted by socialist governments for transition from capitalism to socialism. 19 banks have been nationalized so far. (SBI and IDBI not nationalized bank). THIS HAPPENED IN 1969 AND 1980.
Public Sector Bank -- (PSBs) in India are banks where a majority stake (i.e. more than 50%) is held by a government. Thus all nationalized banks are psb's and as well as-SBI ,SBI ASSOCIATE BANKS,BHARTIYA MAHILA BANK and IDBI bank are PSB.
BHARTIYA MAHILA BANK WAS CREATED ON 19 NOV 2013
PUBLIC SECTOR Banks
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- BHARTIYA MAHILA BANK
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI BANK
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- SBI and associate banks
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Saurashtra (merged into SBI in 2008)
- State bank of Indore (merged into SBI in 2010)
Regional Rural Banks
- Allahabad UP Gramin Bank
- Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
- Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
- Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
- Aryavart Gramin Bank
- Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- Baitarani Gramya Bank
- Ballia –Etawah Gramin Bank
- Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank
- Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank
- Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Bihar Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Cauvery Kalpatharu Grameena Bank
- Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
- Chhattisgarh Gramin Bank
- Chikmagalur-Kodagu Grameena Bank
- Deccan Grameena Bank
- Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Durg-Rajnandgaon Gramin Bank
- Ellaquai Dehati Bank
- Gurgaon Gramin Bank
- Hadoti Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Haryana Gramin Bank
- Himachal Gramin Bank
- Jaipur Thar Gramin Bank
- Jhabua Dhar Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Jharkhand Gramin Bank
- Kalinga Gramya Bank
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
- Kashi Gomti Samyut Gramin Bank
- Kerala Gramin Bank
- Krishna Grameena Bank
- Kshetriya Kisan Gramin Bank
- Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank
- Madhumalti Building Gupte Marg
- Madhya Bharat Gramin Bank
- Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank
- Mahakaushal Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Maharashtra Gramin Bank
- Malwa Gramin Bank
- Manipur Rural Bank
- Marwar Ganganagar Bikaner Gramin Bank
- Meghalaya Rural Bank
- Mewar Anchalik Gramin Bank
- Mizoram Rural Bank
- Nagaland Rural Bank
- Uttrakhand Gramin Bank
- Narmada Malwa Gramin Bank
- Neelachal Gramya Bank
- Pallavan Grama Bank
- Pandyan Grama Bank
- Parvatiya Gramin Bank
- Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
- Pragathi Gramin Bank
- Prathama Bank
- Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank
- Pune District Central Cooperative Bank Ltd.
- Punjab Gramin Bank
- Purvanchal Gramin Bank
- Rajasthan Gramin Bank
- Rewa-Sidhi Gramin Bank
- Rushikulya Gramya Bank
- Samastipur Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Saptagiri Grameena Bank
- Sarva UP Gramin Bank
- Satpura Narmada Kshetriya
- Saurashtra Gramin Bank
- Sharda Gramin Bank
- Shreyas Gramin Bank
- Surguja Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Sutlej Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Tripura Gramin Bank
- Utkal Gramya Bank
- Uttar Banga Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank
- Vananchal Gramin Bank
- Vidharbha Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Visveshvaraya Grameena Bank
- Wainganga Krishna Gramin Bank
- Axis Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- City Union Bank
- Development Credit Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Nainital Bank
- Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank
- South Indian Bank
- YES Bank
UP Agro Corporation Bank
Foreign banks operating in India
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Australia and New Zealand Bank
- Bank Internasional Indonesia
- Bank of America NA
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait
- Bank of Ceylon
- Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotia Bank)
- Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ
- Barclays Bank PLC
- BNP Paribas
- Calyon Bank
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank
- Citibank N.A.
- Credit Suisse
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Recently Launched Retail Services in Mumbai)
- DBS Bank
- DCB Bank now RHB Bank
- Deutsche Bank AG
- FirstRand Bank
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Krung Thai Bank
- Mashreq Bank psc
- Mizuho Corporate Bank
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Shinhan Bank
- Société Générale
- Sonali Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of Mauritius
- Woori Bank.
BANKS AND THEIR HEADQUARTERS
- Allahabad Bank - Kolkata
- Andhra Bank - Hyderabad
- Bank of Baroda - Vadodara (Baroda)
- Bank of India - Mumbai
- Bank of Maharashtra - Pune
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank - New Delhi
- Canara Bank - Bangalore
- Central Bank of India - Mumbai
- Corporation Bank - Mangalore
- Dena Bank - Mumbai
- Indian Bank - Chennai
- Indian Overseas Bank - Chennai
- Oriental Bank of Commerce - Gurgaon
- Punjab and Sind Bank - New Delhi
- Punjab National Bank - New Delhi
- State Bank of India - Mumbai
- Syndicate Bank - Manipal,Karnataka
- Union Bank of India - Mumbai
- United Bank of India - Kolkata
- UCO Bank - Kolkata
Vijaya Bank - Bangalore
TIME TESTED GOLDEN RULES FOR CRACKING INTERVIEW
1:IDENTIFY A PROPER PATH TO SUCCESS, IF SOMEONE FINDS IT DIFFICULT . HE/SHE MUST CONSULT OTHERS.
2:DO HIS/HER SWOT ANALYSIS.
3:ONE SHOULD BE CLEAR ABOUT,WHAT TO READ, WHAT NOT TO READ.HOW TO PLAN STUDIES.
4:NO ONE IS ABLE TO IDENTIFY ONE'S OWN WEAKNESSES,HENCE UNABLE TO CORRECT THESE.
5:NO ONE IS ABLE TO IDENTIFY ONE'S OWN STRENGTHS,HENCE UNABLE TO CAPITALISE ON THESE.
6:NO ONE IS ABLE TO IDENTIFY THREATS AROUND HIM FROM THEIR COMPETITORS,HENCE UNABLE TO MATCH THEM.
7:NO ONE IS ABLE TO IDENTIFY OPPORTUNITIES AROUND THEM,HENCE UNABLE TO CAPITALISE ON THEM .
8:ONE MISS OUT OPPORTUNITIES, AS HE/SHE IS UNABLE TO IMPOSE TRUST IN ANYONE IN THEIR LIFE , RATHER, ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY AT LEAST ONE RIGHT PERSON .
9:BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, BELIEVE IN OTHERS ALSO. HAVE TRUST IN YOURSELF, HAVE TRUST IN OTHERS ALSO.
10:ONE MAY SEEK GUIDANCE FROM AN EXPERIENCED PERSON LIKE MR ANIL AGGARWAL .THIS WILL HELP IN OPTIMISATION OF ONE'S EFFORTS.